Tuesday, July 11, 2017

July 3-9

Hey y'all!
It's been a pretty good week! We've been busy!
This week we are moving apartments, in the same complex but a new
apartment. It's been crazy trying to pack everything up! Here's my
updated mailing address:

4315 Lexington Rd. Apt. 12F
Athens, GA
30605

We've had a lot going on! We had a meet the new mission president
meeting which was fun, President and Sister Marsh are great! He's got
some great plans for the mission, I'm sad I won't get to stick around
for much longer. We also had interviews and MLC so lots of meetings.
The 4th of July was pretty good, we didn't get to do anything too
exciting. We were hoping there was a parade or something fun we could
go contact people at, but apparently there was nothing in Athens. We
went on a little exchange with the UGA Sisters and tracted for most of
the day. We got to talk to lots of people, but nobody was to eager or
excited to talk to us.

Also I think I've mentioned a little about Cheryl, she's a lady we've
been working a lot with, and she's getting baptized!!!! She left the
church about 30 years ago (like removed her name from the records and
everything) but recent life events have led her back to the church!
We've taught her a lot and she's made so much progress, and this week
she met with her bishop and he gave her permission to be re-baptized!
I am so excited and happy for her! I almost cried when she told us she
committed to be baptized again!! She's the best.

We had a cool experience last night while we were tracting! We were
waiting on a doorstep and I pulled at my iPad to look something up but
then they opened the door and I awkwardly had my iPad in my hand, so I
asked if we could share a video with them! He said yes, and left for a
minute to pull his dogs away and brought out his girlfriend. They
didn't seem super enthusiastic to watch the video but we shared the
"Because of Him" video and by the end Brooke was crying! She told us
about some trials she was going through and how she just wanted to
have God more in her life! It was so cool how the video softened their
hearts and they accepted a Book of Mormon and said we could come back!

D&C 6:36 "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not."

Love y'all!
Sister Taylor
Pictures:
 For the 4th of July we found a ton of glow sticks in our
apartment so we taped a bunch of cards to them to hand out!

 Someone gave us a huge watermelon! It was so good!


 We get thunderstorms almost nightly now. It's always an adventure!

 MLC with President and Sister Marsh!

 Waffle house! Sister Parsons, Johnson, me, Hansen, and Thorn.


No comments:

Post a Comment